The Director, Human Resources - Regional Office serves as the Senior HR Generalist and Advisor for RTI's Regional Office in Asia. S/he will provide strategic HR and operational support services to projects and business activities in the Region in all major HR functional areas (employment, salary administration, employee relations, benefits and job descriptions). S/he will partner, consult and facilitate HR matters and resolutions to business challenges and opportunities. S/he will ensure support and effective management of HR within Region and directly manage Regional HR Specialists and indirectly manage Country and Project HR Managers within the Asia Region.
- Interact with all levels of RTI management and staff in the Asia Region including Chiefs of Party, Project Directors, and Regional Office advising on Regional and Country HR matters.
- In collaboration with Home Office Senior HR Management, recommend, make decisions and take appropriate action on regional HR matters.
- Partner with Business and Corporate HR and Business Unit to serve the business and project HR needs in the area of compensation, benefits, compliance, HRIS, and ODL.
- Partners with Projects to develop HR programs that support project and Regional HR goals.
- Ensure compliance, regulatory and legal responsibilities are followed for the Region; oversee the maintenance and adherence to HR standard operating procedures. Partner with senior management to effectively communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws in the Region.
- Implement, review and continuously improve HR services and processes; make recommendations and assist in improving client services and processes for Regional Office.
- Interpret and apply policies and procedures; recommends and implements changes for the Region.
- Ensures effective management of Regional HR operational and support service delivery to the Region.
- Consult with employees and management on various employee relations and functional issues; provide guidance on and assistance in performance management related issues.
- Manage staff through performance planning, development and evaluation process. Ensures staff development and career progression.
- Performs due diligence within Region in support of RTI business activities.
- Builds capacity and coordinate training and development activities in support of HR, management and leadership development.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 20 years' related experience; MA degree and 14 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in international and local national HR.
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources.
- Familiarity with international development HR management practices, systems and policies.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
- Ability to work independently as well as manage matrix teams.
- Effective partnership and collaboration skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Solid organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies; ability to resolve business issues in interest of RTI.
- Excellent computer and business management skills.
- Solid facilitation and training skills.
- Second language preferred.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs