- The Contracts Management Officer's role is important in ensuring that the overall process of contracts for consultants, leases and other types of agreements are efficiently managed and compliant with the organization's policies and procedures in both emergency and development programming context. He/she will work closely with programme managers and consultants/service providers.
- The Officer will also ensure efficient travel management including accommodation, tickets and visitors handling.
Reports to: Senior Manager Support Services
Other Reporting and Coordination Responsibilities: Coordination with budget holders/program managers/logistic unit
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage reservations for accommodation, meeting package, tickets and ensure timely, correct and complete billing payments
- Manage incoming international visitors to ensure they receive necessary information prior to travelling.
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree
- Prior experience in contracts management
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Cultural awareness, with very good written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English.
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Team building skills
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
- A commitment to the values and principles of SC
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children.
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of contract management and review.