ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
COUNTRY PURPOSE: The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in the devastated Aceh province then in October 2009, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province also targeting victims of the earthquake and implementation of emergency disaster relief.
The main sectors for Indonesia Program disaster risk reduction, WASH, livelihood and orphan support. The geographical areas of operation are Aceh, NTB and West Sumatra provinces.
Livelihood Assistant (1 Position)
Post holder reports to : Livelihood Officer
Islamic Relief is implementing a range of developmental activities in East and West Lombok with possible expansion to Central Lombok in 2015. Under the on-going DRR intervention, Islamic Relief is establishing a grassroots DRR network in West Lombok under the leadership of religious places to reduce the risks of common disasters including, without being limited to, floods, sea rise, tsunami and climate-change. In order to mitigate the impact of climate change on agriculture based livelihoods of farming communities, IR seeks to promote alternative livelihoods for disaster-prone and vulnerable women within target communities. As a starting point, IR will assist 6 women groups in the production and marketing of Mushrooms and their value added products. With this background, IR seeks a dynamic and experienced individual to assist in the delivery of services to beneficiary women groups.
- Work in collaboration with livelihoods officer to conduct project socialization, community meeting and focus group discussion in each targeted intervention sites
- Assist in community outreach activities and recruit direct beneficiaries for enrollment in program in consultation with project team members and relevant goverment agencies/institutions
- Assist livelihoods officer in designing and disseminating technical trainings in mushroom cultivation as well as other capacity building initiatives foreseen in the project
- Ensure that support women groups develop and maintain recommended standards at all stages i.e.seeding, planting, harvesting, post harvest management, value addition and marketing;
- Provide on-going technical assistance to beneficiaries in mushroom cultivation through structured trainings and follow up monitoring and farm-level extension;
- Conduct frequent monitoring of project activities and target farmer groups for the collection of quantitative and qualitative data for the purpose of reporting and impact assessment;
- Assist the livelihood officer to build and manage meaningful relations with local project participants in the village, such as heads of villages, religious leaders, women’s groups, local NGOs and specialized government agencies, to ensure their active participation and contribution to the project.
- Assist in the oversight of IR Indonesia complaints handling mechanism at the field.
- Field reporting.
- Other tasks as directed by line manager
- A university degree or other suitable qualification in a related field (extensive experience in the production and marketing of mushroom products can be considered in lieu of educational requirement)
- 1 – 3 years experience in mushroom cultivation and community empowerment
- Excellent communication skills for advocacy, training, and facilitation
- Excellent report writing skills, and good computer skills, including internet and email
- Ability to provide leadership as well as work as a member of a team
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environtments and good interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain good relationship with government agencies/institutions at all levels, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Experience in program monitoring
- Fluent spoken and written Indonesian is a must while proficiency in English language is highly desired;
- Sincere commitment to engaging women and involving gender consideration into project planning required
- Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer and all recruitments are processed without any prejudice due to color, race, religion or gender. However, the successful candidate must understand and respect the Organization’s core values and adopt follow necessary guidelines for interaction with beneficiaries; particularly women and children.
Cleaner (1 Position)
Post holder reports to : Admin and Finance Assistant
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clean office building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
2. Ensuring the office building area is clean, maintain and set up and ready to use any time.
3. Service, clean, and supply restrooms
4. Gather and empty trash in the office by requested
5. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
6. Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
7. Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, and chairs to create a convenience and comfortable situation.
8. Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
9. Clean and polish furniture and fixtures, windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
10. Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
11. Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using cleaning equipment.
12. Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
13. Following another instruction from Line manager
Security/ Guard (1 Position)
Post holder reports to : Admin and Finance Assistant
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patrol office premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
2. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
3. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
4. Under supervisor approval, call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
5. Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
6. Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
7. Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
8. Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
9. Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
10. Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler.
11. Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES FOR CLEANER AND SECURITY:
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar job (Security/ Guard)
- Police security basic training is demanded (Security/ Guard)
- Work experience in a similar job (Cleaner)
- Senior High school graduated is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in bahasa Indonesia and cross-cultural environment
- Basic English will be an advantage
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Capacity to work under time pressure and sometimes extra hours
- High level of motivation
- Attention to detail and the ability to be systematic and organized
- Takes a proactive approach to handle the jobs
- Actively establishes and maintains high standards
- Ability to work independently with reasonable skills at prioritization
- Willingness to learn and accept guidance for personal improvement
- Commitment to Islamic Relief aims, beliefs and objectives
- Base on Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB)
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to: email@example.com. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 18 September 2014